U.S. Passport Service

Before visiting a foreign country, you should ensure that all your travel concerns are addressed. Here are a few of the most common questions my office receives that deal with passports:

How can I renew my existing passport?

If you already have a passport that is not damaged, was issued in the past 15 years, was received after your 16th birthday, and has your same name, you can apply for a passport renewal by mail.

For more information on renewing your passport, visit the Passport Renewal Page at the U.S. Consular Affairs Web Site.

What if I am trying to get a passport for the first time?

To obtain a passport for the first time go to First Time Applicant Page for more information.

I can't wait for the normal six week processing time for my application. Can I request an expedite?

Yes. For an additional fee, you can request expedited processing which normally takes two weeks. If it is an emergency and you need a passport very quickly, please contact my office at 614-771-4968

For more information on expediting processing, visit the Expedited Service Page at the U.S. Consular Affairs Web Site.

If you would like my help with a passport issue, please fill out the Authorization Form, print and sign it, and mail or fax it to my office.

Office Locations

Find the office location closest to you